Friday, January 9, 2009

Presenting in INTEL

Today is the day I have my very rare opportunity in my life. I went to INTEL.

I am going to present my Singapore Trip Sponsorship Proposal. My senior Ed drives me up to Bayan Lepas where INTEL Design Center is located. Upon arriving, we saw a big building and huge parking lots. It’s like a college campus. There is also bus to bring employees from one building to another.

Standing in front of PG 12, we are waiting for Mr. Lai to bring us into the building. Talking about this Mr. Lai, he is a cool guy who I think the one that help me make this sponsorship a success. He helped me a lot through the process and I owe him a great gratitude.
Here comes Mr. Lai, we shake hand and introducing ourselves. After granted the access to Design Center, we marched to meeting room. On the way I see cubicles of workplace for engineers. Some of them are young lads, pretty ladies, experienced seniors, nerds and geeks.
Reached meeting room, we sat down and I prepare my slides to be presented. In front of me there are 3 panel audience which one is Mr. Lee-manager of I don’t know, Mr. Lai-senior automation engineer, and Esther.

I present my slides and we negotiate in the mean time as well. The atmosphere there is quite relaxing but there are at times I face tough question. I tried my best to convince them. Their question and request is very professional and experienced. I have to make sure I come back with a better performance during the time I present my trip report.

Finally, I get it through. Mr. Lee signed the cheque and I got mission accomplished. I have succeeded. Yea!

No comments: