Monday, April 27, 2009

Youth Leadership Academy

I was shortlisted for Mc Kinsey's Youth Leadership Academy (YLA), through this program, i hope i can learn more about how to be succesful as a leader.

Last saturday i was telephone interviewed by YLA, this is the first time i have been interview like this. However, i think i have grown and become better. I can talk more and more during interviewing. Not like last time, question and answer.

So basically, during this interview, i was asked about my past leadership experience,current undertakings and aspirations. I am glad that i have a lots of past leadership experiences to share about, current club establishment and project working to be mentioned, and future plannning and aspirations to be envisaged.

So about current undertaking, my next priority will be the SAE projects. I wanna make this club a success and become a platform for students to work hands on to make things happen. That whats an engineer for. First we will have to work the trash boat project out. Trash boat is an autonomous trash collecter boat along the river. Then, i will work on the can satelite which will be the self made satelite, thirdly is the shell eco marathon urban concept car.

I was glad that i was shortlisted and i am vowing to attend YLA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Congrats!!! I attended the roadshow for YLA but in the end I gave up in writing the essay due to assgs period & less commitments in few months time...
All the best & i'm sure u'll learn a lot during YLA. =)
Do update. =)