Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hello Helsinki

My third week in Finland:

I was in Helsinki on Saint Migual's Tapas Day. I traveled to Helsinki to have a look at the city of Sea.

I got down from the train and i headed to the famous Lutheren Church which is the famous landmark of Helsinki. I love big building with strong big pillar, they are very awesome. The church is white and i feel very pure in my heart standing in front of the church, high on the steps looking towards to the gulf of Finland.

Soon after, i take on the ferry, and travel across to an island called the Suomenlinna. It was a place that protected Finland from the invasion of Russia long time ago. You can see fortress, bunkers and cannons in that island.

I was lucky to visit Suomenlinna that day because that day was coincidentally the the 300th anniversary of the birth of the founder of the Suomenlinna fortress, Augustin Ehrensvärd. People wearing traditional costume and having some celebration within the island. I followed the marching band and enjoyed the activities they had around the island. Some memorial, sketches, cannon fire and photography session.

I also went to the edge of the island where it becomes my favourite hideout this far. Sitting on a big rock by the sea, looking farther to the opposite island. Sea waves hitting the rocks, sea gulls flying in the free open air, people yachting in the middle of the sea, cruise ships bringing merry crowds back from Stockholm or Talinn have been a great scene of relaxation.




Sitting beside with another traveler from Norway. We chatted about places we have been, showing off our travel companion-DSLRs and we share the common interest at this stage of life- See and experience the world when we are young.

1 comment:

misu misu said...

I lost my piggy..can you find him for me? I miss him soo much! >.<