Monday, September 29, 2008

A day with my professor

Why i am still in campus while others gone back to hometown. The reason is today. Today i hang out with my professor and a bunch of master and final year students. We went to some surplus warehouse to check some stuffs out.

Firstly we went to Juru and somewhere in a kampung we reached the warehouse. There are a lot of surplus stuff there and we can actually buy those things a lot cheaper compared to purchase a new one. I was accompany them looking around searching dynamos, panel meters, VDMs, etc. We also have to be aware of the market price to prevent pay over value for old stuffs. Looking at these stuffs i feel my machinary adrelina pumping as i wanted to something out from these things. Engineering is my right choice, i reassured.

Talking about my prof, he is a kind of energetic man and you will be very motivated when working with him. I am inspired by his style and openess. His is a great guy and simply can be your good friend rather just your lecturer. I feel privilaged because i have the chance to close encounter with Prof Horizon Gitano, a Colorado Guy.

Next, we went to Kampung Benggali where is furthur down to Butterworth. That is a electronic street where you could get a lot of electronic stuff like transistor, transformer, capacitor, circuit board, bla bla bla...

Prof Horizon introduce me to these places and show me how this stuff works. I am not clear cause i never work this stuff with my hand. I gonna learn them up. I dont want to be a bookworm in university. I want to be a guy simply can work things out when idea comes in mind.

So this is my day.Going home tomorrow...

No comments: